Take some tasks off your plate
Outsourcing your technical writing projects is one of the best strategies a documentation manager can use to free up time and focus on core tasks. It allows you to hire a team of professional technical writers without the associated overhead and daily management. This alone is a stress-reducer when your in-house technical writers are overloaded and budgets are tight.
Establish an outsourcing plan
Ideally, selecting an outsourcing partner is not a last-minute activity. Hopefully, you’ve done your research and are already working with a technical writing services firm that specializes in your field and aligns with your business objectives. By building a relationship with a vendor that specializes in the healthcare and medical device industries, your organization can be sure that its documentation is consistent and adheres to regulations. For example, a fast-track drug submission requires accurate and thorough documentation that does not get held up in a continuous review and approval cycle. If a drug company is looking to be first to market or achieve maximum sales, speedy submission can have a significant impact on their bottom line.
If you have a defined technical writing process but find that bandwidth is running low during the holiday season, contract staffing can be a good option to meet your immediate needs.
Download our Guide to Maximizing Return on Outsourcing
5 More Tips for Reducing Year-End Stress
Use the following tips to reduce stress and increase productivity during the remainder of the year:
- Revise your Documentation Plan to reflect your objectives and direction for the New Year, and explore ways to streamline your technical documentation management process.
- Learn new techniques to avoid over-committing at work, including goal setting and learning when to say “no.”
- Refresh your time management techniques, such as eliminating time wasters, organizing your workflow, and delegating tasks.
- De-clutter your workspace. An orderly workspace clears the way for higher productivity and less wasted time by removing distractions and allowing you to focus on your assigned work projects.
- Schedule meetings with potential service providers for outsourcing. It may be a time commitment, but you'll be relieved to have identified a partner that can jump in when needed now and in the future.
If your team needs extra help this holiday season, contact us to learn how we can help you efficiently wrap up year-end projects and get a head start on 2018 priorities: