Is your in-house medical writing team understaffed, overloaded, and overwhelmed? Then, it's time to consider the advantages of outsourcing your overload to a vendor that specializes in the healthcare and medical devices industries and takes the time to build a relationship with you and your organization.
Outsourcing makes good business sense:
If your organization suffers from any of the following, outsourcing your medical writing and training makes good business sense:
- You lack the resources to maintain existing documentation for your products or services
- You are continually missing deadlines
- You have no up-to-date training materials for your existing employees, new hires, or customers.
- Your workload fluctuates so adding staff is not cost effective.
As a business strategy, outsourcing is an increasingly popular model that can save your organization money while delivering high-quality documentation on time and within budget.
Benefits of outsourcing your organization’s medical writing and training:
Novatek employs a dedicated team of professional communicators experienced with the healthcare and medical devices industries. Our team is able to look at your organization’s current communication processes with a fresh perspective, customize a strategy for providing consistent content to your customers, and make recommendations designed to generate results that meet your organization’s overall business objectives.
Novatek’s professional communicators provide assistance with:
- First-class training and reference solutions using Active Knowledge
- Product specifications
- Service manuals
- User guides
- Training manuals
- Software or hardware documentation
- Data sheets
- Editing and proofreading
Staying with the same vendor builds a strong and ongoing relationship:
By building a relationship with a vendor that specializes in the healthcare and medical devices industries, your organization is assured that its documentation and training is consistent and adheres to regulations. For example, a fast-track drug submission requires high-quality documents that avoid a rejection from the FDA. For a drug company striving for a speedy submission, shortening the time their product reaches the marketplace can have a significant impact on their bottom line.
Clinical teams benefit by having the same writers produce all of the documents on a given project because the writers become familiar with the background and strategy of the product. The writers know the details from across documents and can make sure that subsequent documents are consistent with these details. Organizations that build an ongoing relationship with the same vendor can also avoid the expense of having to retrain new writers.
Whether your company develops its technical documentation with our Novatek professionals, your in-house team, or a combination of both, here are 10 tips for ensuring a positive user experience.
10 tips for delivering consistent, readable, and usable content
- Develop a Style Guide and use it to provide the basic building blocks needed for generating consistent, readable, and usable content across all documentation related to your products.
- Establish a controlled vocabulary and terminology list to avoid confusion and simplify information retrieval.
- Always adhere to applicable regulatory, environmental, health, safety, and contractual obligations and requirements.
- Internationalize your design and use Unicode fonts whenever writing for translation.
- Maintain intra-document stylistic consistency where possible, keeping in mind that it’s more important that documents meet regulatory requirements and are internally consistent than that they follow any particular stylistic convention.
- Write as if your audience is not familiar with your topic.
- Use standard words and phrases where possible and use them in the proper context.
- Write in clear and concise paragraphs, and use logical transitions.
- Complete ideas and use grammatically correct sentences.
- Always incorporate an editing phase into your work.
Never underestimate the value of good technical documentation. The material will be in use and providing benefits long after completion of the project. Consistent, readable, and usable content about your product makes for a satisfied, repeat customer.
Tell us what your experience has been with outsourcing your technical writing services. Share your stories in the comments below.
Interested in learning more technical writing strategies and tips?